By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the concept of a team, and how to monitor success.
- Explain the four phases of the Tuckman team development model.
- Understand the three types of teams.
- Describe actions to take as a leader – and as a follower for each of the four phases (Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing).
- Understand the benefits and disadvantages of various team-building activities.
- Describe several team-building activities that you can use, and in what settings.
- Follow strategies for setting and leading team meetings.
- Detail problem-solving strategies using the Six Thinking Hats model -- and one consensus-building approach to solving team problems.
- List actions to do -- and those to avoid -- when encouraging teamwork.